NEC Nederland B.V. is focusing on Solutions for Society businesses that utilize the strengths of our state-of-the-art artificial intelligence, biometrics, and information and communication technology to create social values, including safety, security, efficiency, and equality, which are necessary for people to live more prosperous lives. In working towards the realization of such a society, we recognize that the protection of personal information is our social responsibility and have established a privacy framework for the protection of personal information. Efforts are constantly being made to maintain, reinforce, and enhance the framework.
This privacy statement sets forth our principles as follows:
- We obtain, use and provide personal information properly based on the Core Privacy Principles of OECD, namely (1) the collection limitation principle, (2) the data quality principle, (3) the purpose specification principle, (4) the use limitation principle, (5) the security safeguards principle, (6) the openness principle, (7) the individual participation principle and (8) the accountability principle, which form the cornerstone of fair information practices designed to protect personal information.
- We abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- We make efforts to implement, through the adoption of necessary and appropriate security measures, the security control of personal information held by us, including protection from disclosure, loss, or damage, as realized through our stringent Information Security policies and procedures that aim to protect the integrity and confidentiality of information and data assets that we manage.
- We appropriately respond to complaints and requests for consultation with respect to our handling of personal information, in accordance with applicable local laws and regulations as well as our information security management system. In the event of a security breach, our response team immediately acts upon reports to minimize impact on relevant parties and businesses and implements safeguards to ensure no recurrences transpire in the future.
- We make efforts to continuously review and improve the current policies for the protection of personal information and our information security management system.
For any inquiries or questions regarding this statement, please contact us at Privacy@emea.nec.com
Updated 1st June 2023